This event combines hiking in the morning in one of the most picturesque sites of Cyprus (Akamas), and overnight camping in an organised camping site located within a beach forest along with teambuilding exercises.
LOCATIONS OF VISIT: (Polis Chrysochous camping site, Aphrodite Baths, Aphrodite’s Trail)
- DAY 1:
- Arrival at Aphrodite Baths at about 09:00
- Start of Aphrodite trail
- End of trail, departure for camping site and tent setup
- Free time
- Teambuilding games
- Tug of war
- Cirquit training competition
- Free time
- Bonfire and snacks
- DAY 2:
- Free time until 12:00
The camping area has toilets, showers and kitchens, There is an avenue in the nearby city of Polis, and a close by supermarket and other shops. There is a snack bar on the beach, and a mini market on spot which is open from June through August. The camping place is open from March until end of October (depending on weather conditions)
Facilities: Bar – Restaurant – TV – Satelite – Lifeguard Tower – Sunbeds – Showers – Toilets – Parking – Mini Market
- Bus departure from Limassol: 07:00 am
- Food: Snacks and water will be supplied prior and after the trail
- Trail starting point: The parking space outside Aphrodite Baths
- Trail Start time: 09:00
- Trail: Circular
- Length: 7.5km
- Difficulty level: Difficult
- Time needed: 4 hours
- Highest peak: 333 metres
- What to take with you: Hat, hiking shoes, extra t-shirt, sunglasses, water, snacks, swimsuit, beach towel, camera, tent and camping equipment, change of clothes, toiletries
- Toilets available: Yes
- Bus departure to Limassol: 12:00 pm of the next day
TRAIL’ s POINTS OF INTEREST
Of special interest on this trail are the Loutra tis Afroditis (Baths of Aphrodite), where, according to legend, the Goddess of Love and Beauty used to take her baths. Along the trail you can enjoy excellent views of Cape Arnaoutis, Polis Chrysochous and Pafos (Paphos) Forest.
FLORA: While hiking you can study the endemic plants: Cyprus Golden – Drop (Onosma fruticosa), Cyprus sage (Phlomis cypria var. occidentalis).
FAUNA: MAMMALS – The main species of fauna found in the area are: fox, hare, hedgehog. BIRDS – wood pigeon, partridge, Cyprus warbler (endemic), Cyprus wheatear (endemic). REPTILES – Cyprus viper, Cyprus lizard, Black whip Snake.