This event combines hiking in the night in one of the most picturesque sites of Cyprus, nature camping and canoeing the next morning to one of the most idylic places Fontana Amoroza
LOCATIONS OF VISIT: (Aphrodite Baths, Aphrodite’s Trail, Akamas Camping Site)
- We start with the tent setup at the Akamas Camping site from before followed by a night hike at Aphrodite trail with red flashlights starting approximately at sunset. With our return from the trail there will be a bonfire and supplied snacks, drinks and music. For whoever would like to go the the beach during free time they can do so, access to the beach is possible from various routes.
- For whoever is interested, there will also be a canoe trip to Blue Lagoon and back the following morning starting at 09:00. Whoever has their own canoes/Sup feel free to bring them along. There will be the possibility to rent a canoe prior to the even for an extra charge. For information please contact 99 880 696.
- Bus departure from Limassol: 10:00 am
- Food: Snacks and water will be supplied prior and after the trail
- Trail starting point: The parking space outside Aphrodite Baths
- Trail Start time: 18:00
- Trail: Circular
- Length: 7.5km
- Difficulty level: Difficult
- Time needed: 4 hours
- Highest peak: 333 metres
- What to take with you: Red flashlight, hat, hiking shoes, extra t-shirt, sunglasses, water, snacks, swimsuit, beach towel, camera, tent and camping equipment, change of clothes, toiletries
- Toilets available: Yes
- Bus departure to Limassol: 15:00 pm of the next day
TRAIL’ s POINTS OF INTEREST
Of special interest on this trail are the Loutra tis Afroditis (Baths of Aphrodite), where, according to legend, the Goddess of Love and Beauty used to take her baths. Along the trail you can enjoy excellent views of Cape Arnaoutis, Polis Chrysochous and Pafos (Paphos) Forest.
FLORA: While hiking you can study the endemic plants: Cyprus Golden – Drop (Onosma fruticosa), Cyprus sage (Phlomis cypria var. occidentalis).
FAUNA: MAMMALS – The main species of fauna found in the area are: fox, hare, hedgehog. BIRDS – wood pigeon, partridge, Cyprus warbler (endemic), Cyprus wheatear (endemic). REPTILES – Cyprus viper, Cyprus lizard, Black whip Snake.